HOME BELIEFS DOWNLOADS BLOG STAFF CONTACT US
 
 

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Beginnings

We're off and running!

We had our first public meeting last Thursday, and frankly I was overwhelmed by the turnout. You see, it was a cold, snowy, wet March night in Colorado, complete with slippery roads and low visibility. I knew we'd have at least 12 people, but by 6:15, I wasn't expecting many more. By 6:45, the weather had gotten worse, but the people started to trickle in. When we officially kicked off Harvest Community Church, we had a room filled with 30 people.

I know we're still in the early stages and that the group was a combination of committed regulars, well-wishers, and investigators. But then, isn't every church made up of the same components? All we were missing were the "I'm mad I was dragged here" crowd and the "I don't like the music" crowd. But I'm sure they'll come eventually.

Anyway, here's a picture:



Oh, and we have an address now! Please send any snail correspondence to:
Harvest Community Church
P.O. Box 461383
Aurora, CO 80046-1383


Starting this week, we'll be going through a series called "Rediscovering Church" going through the book of Acts. I'll post a summary of each week's teaching here.


Until then,
"This is what the LORD says- he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, ...See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 43:16,19)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home